Physiotherapy in Bournemouth, Dorset
Receiving a massage is an experience that everyone finds enjoyable and something they want to repeat over and over again.
Whether your goal is to relax and relieve stress with a slow, soothing massage, relieve muscular pain and chronic tension, relieve the pains of pregnancy, or improve your sports performance our qualified massage therapists will help you achieve your goals.
There are several types of massage we specialise in at PhysioDorset.
- Swedish Massage – relaxing massage using gliding strokes, kneading, friction, and striking strokes along with gentle stretching and rocking.
- Deep Tissue Massage – massage of the deeper musculature and connective tissue to release chronic tension and pain. It’s often a firmer massage that is appreciated by experienced clients.
- Sports Massage – massage to assist the athlete in preparing for and recovering from sports events.
- Neuromuscular Therapy – advanced pain relief targeting specific trigger points in muscles, tendons, and attachment sites. A great choice if you have muscular pain.
- Hot Stone Massage – perhaps the most relaxing and luxurious massages you can get. Heated stones seemingly melt away stress and tension.
- Orthopedic Massage – specialized massage dealing with improving the body‘s structure to relieve pain and restore balanced movement.
- Prenatal/Pregnancy Massage – massage for the mother-to-be helping her to decrease pain and discomfort throughout the pregnancy.
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage – specifically used for decreasing swelling and edema as well as improving the circulation of the body’s lymph. It’s detoxifying and some think it improves the immune system too.
- Myofascial Release – deep connective tissue work to relieve pain, restore joint movement, and assist in attaining postural balance.
However, in addition to the most commonly practiced massage therapy
techniques your Massage Therapist
might also practice some other well known and highly effective massage therapy and bodywork techniques:
- Medical Massage
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Chair Massage
- Aromatherapy Massage
If you don’t know what type of massage you need, don’t worry. Our experienced team will talk you through your options and guide you to achieve the objective: a happier and fitter YOU!
My physio has been very professional and friendly. I would recommend Physio-Dorset to anyone.
If you exercise regularly, or suffer from any tightness in your muscles I’d highly recommend a massage with Physio Dorset.
Thank you for fixing my shoulder! It is so much better now thanks to you. Keep up the good work!
Your professionalism is second to none. You really are a tremendous physiotherapist who is passionate about what you do